Legalize Trans*

Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 124- Fear

Fear is a funny thing. My whole life I have been plagued with fear, fear so paralyzing that it has kept me from doing the most basic things. However, I have made a decision. No more. No longer will I let fear keep me from doing what I want. There are so many things I want to do. 


Trevor is a big factor in my dismissal of my fears. He seems to be fearless. The funny thing about courage is that courage isn't the absence of fear but the ability to overcome fear. There are so many scary things in this world and he seems unfazed by all of it. That doesn't mean he's not scared. That just means he wants things badly enough. I want to be like that. I've decided that I am going to be like that. 


So, I've decided to make a contract with myself.


*I am not going to worry about what people will think of me.
*I will not give into my fear and anxiety when something scary comes into view.
*I will look my fear in the face and overcome it.
*I will do something everyday that scares me. 
*I will get over my fears that if I screw up or make a mistake that people will walk away.
*I will fight through my fears because I am strong.
*I will remember always that I can do anything I set my mind to.
*I will make plans, speak my mind, love like crazy, give up on those who have given up on me, cherish those who cherish me, rest easy, take my meds, love myself, and (as my dad's old motorcycle helmet used to say) "Fuck Fear".


"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment