Legalize Trans*

Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 104- My first ever drag performance

Saturday, February 5th, 2011
Today was my first ever drag performance. It was incredible. One of the best experiences of my life. I was so nervous on Friday night and all day in the car on the way up to Superior. I thought I was literally going to vomit. Zach went on stage before me as Tawnya Tootsieroll. My stomach was in knots and in so much pain the whole time. Then it was my turn on stage. The emcees were asking the crowd who was up next and Sara started a "Dexter" chant. I came through the curtain and they started cheering, loudly. I don't remember most of my first performance, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. But, it went well. People I didn't even know tipped me.








My second song went really well. I did "Smile" by Uncle Kracker and kept it a secret from Trevor. I think he liked it. I'm not sure though, ha ha, I got that impression from the picture from my second performance. I had so much fun in the show. Incredible experience and I can't wait until April 7th so I can perform again. I'm officially in love with drag! I loved performing in high school and I didn't do it for so long that I psyched myself out for it. I never really got nervous in high school and I was so painfully nervous before this. I'm so excited to keep doing this for years to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment