Legalize Trans*

Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 131- I'm a TMate!!!

Hey there everyone!

So, I have some good news! For those of you who don't know I was invited to audition for TMatesFTM, a YouTube channel that caters exclusively to SOFFAs (Significant Others, Family, Friends, and Allies of transexual people) of FTM transgender/transexual (it's all about how you identify) men. Sammie, who is dating Daniel, also auditioned. What we had to do was make a video talking about who we are, about our guys, and what we could bring to the channel. Our videos are at the bottom of this post for those of you that haven't seen them, or just want to watch them again.

Well, the results are in and... Sammie and I were both accepted for Round 5 of TMates! My day is Wednesday and Sammie's is Tuesdays. Each week we have a different topic to talk about. Our days are the days that we upload our videos to the channel on. :) I'm so excited. If you want to watch my and/or Sammie's videos just go to YouTube (if you don't have an account, make one quick), then put in this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TMatesFTM and click on the 'Subscribe' button. :) I'll try to remember to post a link on this blog every week. But you should definitely subscribe to the channel.

I am so excited to get started and to tell mine and Trevor's story. I really want to raise awareness of trans issues and remove the stigmas from the word 'transgender'. I also want to show other SOFFAs that they are not alone. There are so many people out there that care about/love/are in relationships with transgender people. It's hard sometimes, but if it's real and you love the person it is so worth it. I can't imagine my life without Trevor. I don't even want to think of where I'd be today if I had taken the outs he gave me when he came out. I love him so much and want to spend the rest of my life with him. I have never felt this way about another person, I never thought I could feel this way about anyone. It's funny that you didn't know you wanted something so bad until you have it.

I'm also including the results video in this post too. It's just really amazing to hear Mel say my name. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment